This is meant to be a brownie recipe, but I wanted cookies that day so I shaped the dough into little balls and it worked great! This is a perfect Christmastime recipe and will be a crowd-pleaser! The texture is smooth and rich and dense. I ate one with a bit of almond butter the other day, and it was such a yummy treat.
The original recipe is from here, but I will put a slightly modified one below.
*PS: While this is refined-sugar-free, it's not recommended for our patients on Candida Clear, due to the use of maple syrup!
- ½ cup minus 2 Tbs. coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs, at room temperature (egg substitutes will not work)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: ⅓ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Shape into cookie-sized balls and bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist with some crumbs.
- These store well at room temperature or in the fridge for a few days. Make sure you keep them in an airtight container, as they can dry out pretty easily!