I made up this recipe the other night, and it was SO yummy I've had it three times since! Hot chocolate is a great wintertime classic and I'm thankful there's a sugar-free option! I added a tinnnnnny dash of cayenne because I love a kick with my chocolate, but this recipe is just as good without!
Try the recipe below and let me know what you think!
- 2 cups of your favorite milk (I used a dairy-free pea protein milk!)
- 2 heaping tablespoons organic cacao
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional, but always good to get your coconut oil in!)
- 2 teaspoons organic cinnamon
- A tiny dash of cayenne pepper
- Heat all your ingredients in a small pot over medium heat (do not boil, as it will ruin the consistency)
- Whisk occasionally until warm
- Pour into blender and blend for 15 seconds