Peanut butter cookies are one of my favorite things to eat around the holidays! These are packed with protein, naturally sweetened with honey, AND super easy to make. When I was younger, my mom would take peanut butter cookies out of the oven and put a huge chocolate kiss in the center. If you've got some organic chocolate, that might be a great way to boost this recipe!
Click here for the link to the original recipe, or look below. We copied it for you!
- 1 c organic peanut butter (no sugar added, creamy or crunchy)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2/3 c honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- Pinch salt
- Coconut sugar for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the coconut oil and peanut butter and honey in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds then stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds and if melted, stir again and let cool to room temperature.
- Combine the coconut flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Mix the peanut butter mixture until creamy, either with a hand mixer or stand mixer. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Add the vanilla and mix again. Add in the flour and mix until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out a heaping tablespoon amount and roll into 1½” balls, place on cookie sheet 2” apart and press gently with a fork crosswise for the traditional peanut butter cookie look. Sprinkle a tiny bit of coconut sugar on the tops.
- Bake for 10 min, just until the edges start to brown. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack.