I don't even have words for how much I love this recipe. It was SO flavorful, perfect for Fall, and easy to make. I promise you won't regret adding this to your Thanksgiving meal!
I will copy the (slightly modified) recipe below, but the original is here!
Please try this out and let me know your thoughts!
- 2/3 cup coconut flour (this measurement only works for coconut flour)
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of cardamom
- 1/4 tsp of cinnammon
- 1/3 cup of raw honey (I used 1/4 cup and it was sweet enough!)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- the grated zest of one orange (it really elevates the flavor!)
- 1 cup of dried cranberries, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 350F & line a large loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together and give them a good whisk.
3. On a smaller bowl, combine the wet ingredients together and mix well. Integrate wet mix into the dry ingredient bowl.
4. Fold in the cranberries & the orange zest.
5. Pour batter into the loaf pan, use a spatula to even out the top surface. I like to sprinkle a few cranberries directly on top. They will warm up, pop in the oven & make for a beautiful loaf. Your house will also smell wonderful!
6. Bake for about 45-50 mins or until center is cooked through. Insert a toothpick or knife into the center of the loaf to check for doneness.
Photo from The Dish on Healthy