These sweet potato biscuits are a great option for the Thanksgiving (and year round, to be honest) craving for biscuits! We'll put the slightly modified recipe below, but find the original on Dashing Dish!
- 1 1/4 cup Oat flour
- 1 tbs Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbs xylitol
- 1 cup Mashed sweet potato (about 1 large sweet potato)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbs Low sugar maple syrup (or honey)
- 3 tbs Unsweetened almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil, and spray with cooking spray. (Or use a silpat mat, or parchment paper.)
2. Mix flour, baking powder and soda, salt and spices together and set aside. In another bowl, mix together the mashed sweet potato with the other wet ingredients. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing until everything is just combined.
3. The dough will be slightly sticky, so I sprayed the inside of an ice cream scoop with cooking spray and dropped it onto the baking pan. However, you can also use a spoon or measuring cup to make 'drop biscuits' onto the pan.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.