Bananas - one minute they're the perfect shade of yellow and the next you're trying to find ways to eat them all before they go bad. What's up with that? Well, look no further. I have a super tasty recipe for banana bread without any grains or added sugar, might I add. A win, win, win!
It's the perfect summer treat for breakfast, snack, or when you're just craving a little bit of sweetness.
4 bananas, (2 1/2 cups mashed)
1/2 cup almond butter
4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted (or coconut oil)
1/2 cup coconut flour (or almond flour)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Combine your bananas, eggs, and nut butter, and butter/coconut oil in a blender, food processor, or mixing bowl (and make sure to mix well)
3. Once all of your ingredients are blended, add in your coconut/almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt and mix well
4. Pour your batter into a well-greased loaf pan. I use coconut oil as my nonstick oil- just make to you do not use sparingly but coat the loaf pan really well.
5. Place in your preheated oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
6. Remove from oven, let cool and then slice and serve!!
That's it! So easy and so yummy. Check back next week for a little added something you can add to your bread.